Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ok so here's an update on our and by our I totally mean John's progress.
This is the new location for the washer and dryer.
Tucked away in the back of my master bedroom closet.
It's not as roomy as the laundry room where they came from but we
really really
needed 2 bathrooms.
So I am totally willing to give up laundry room space
not to have to share a bathroom with Miss Megan.
So here's part of the space that was once my laundry room.
This is to be the location of Miss Megan's new bathtub.
We do plan to remove the electrical outlet :-D
This is the start of Miss Megan's new bathroom. It doesn't look like much yet but so far most of the work has been behind the scenes stuff. Running the new plumbing, and the electrical stuff. Building the wall that will separate the bathroom from Miss Megan's closet addition.
Oh I forgot to mention that not only is Miss Megan getting her own bathroom she is also getting an upgrade in closet space.
Like I said before my laundry room was huge so it will now be both a full bath and a walk in closet.
You can see in this pic the window and the space that will be part of Miss Megan's new closet. It doesn't look like much in this pic but from the new wall to the window is 5 1/2 feet it is currently 5 1/2 feet wide too but will be 7 1/2 feet once we open the wall into her existing closet. So her total closet will be 5 1/2 feet by 7 1/2 feet. Not to shabby :-D
During all of this fun I went to work today. We spayed 4 dogs and 4 cats then neutered 2 dogs. Plus Dr. D. removed a vaccine reaction tumor from her sisters cat.
Also the kitty 3 babies are doing well. They hit the 4 week mark yesterday.
Did I tell you guys that a necropsy was done on the 3 that died and discovered that they had heart defects. So no amount of love and care would have made them survive.
I know it made Niki the lady who has been so diligently caring for them feel better to know that it wasn't anything she did or didn't do.
They were loved and cared for until their hearts couldn't support them anymore and for that I am thankful.
We are still hoping to go camping this weekend.
We are total fools for planning sooo much stuff for one week.
John may not get totally done with all the cosmetic stuff for Miss Megs renovation but I can pick away at that next week when they have gone back to school and work.
When everything is all neat and tidy again I will take some pics of the finished product.
So stay tuned.

2 comments:

B said...

That girl is going to be the envy of the neighborhood with a closet and bathroom like that. You are creating a diva here! Go girl!

Kathy B! said...

Niiiice! If I come to live with you will you build me a lovely bathroom and fabulous closet, too ")