Sunday, March 22, 2009

Golden ball of death, funky fish, Rock and Roll and Cooters ?

A photo montage of our day yesterday.
Miss Megan at the bottom of the Sunsphere.
Built for the 1982 Worlds Fair and made famous in an episode of the Simpson. Bart steals a car and finds a flier for the fair in the glove box. Wanting to attend they trek from Springfield to Knoxville, only to discover that they are about 15 years late and the Sunsphere is now a wig shop.

The Sunsphere has never to my knowledge been a wig shop but it did sit vacant for several years. It now houses the observation deck and a new bar called Skybar.
The amphitheater located at the base of the Sunsphere My view from the observation deck. This pic and all the subsequent shots from inside the Sunsphere where taken from my vantage point. Which was unfortunately jammed against the wall of the elevator shaft. I have always wanted to go up in the Sunsphere even though I am afraid of heights. Now I am not deathly afraid normally. I am cool with being in buildings up several stories. I rode the glass elevator up to the top of the Hyatt when I was in high school. Hell I even went to the top of the space needle in Gatlinburg many years ago(pre Miss Megan so it's been a good while) However when I got to the top of the big shiny ball I almost lost it. I stepped out of the elevator and in about 2 seconds flat I was freaked out. My chest felt tight like I couldn't get enough air. I got all sweaty(John and Miss Megan said it is hot up there but not as hot as I thought it was) My legs felt like they were glued to the floor. In my twisted head as I stood there glued to the wall while John and Megan looked around I just kept thinking if the bastard feel off the stick it was perched on you would be aware that you were falling for a long time before you hit the ground. In my head I could see fear in Miss Megan's eyes as the damn thing was falling and me helpless to save her or John. Needless to say my trip to the Sunsphere sucked ass.
But I will go back damnit Here's another shot form the wall
Miss Megan inside the golden ball of death....
us back on the ground and me feeling loads better.
During the car trip to our next destination
Miss Megan is having so much fun because....
Here's the traffic in Pigeon Forge
and here's the traffic in Gatlinburg.
We sat in traffic for almost 1 /12 hours .
Fun Fun
On the way to
Ripleys Aqaurium of the Smokies
Miss Megan rockin it the Aquarium.
I so should have taken a pic of the front of the damn aquarium.
Some of the fishes from inside
More Miss Megan she actually inside the underwater tunnel in this shot but all you can see is her beautiful face.
OOOO a Shark
Another shark as seen from inside the tunnel. I took a ton of pictures inside the tunnel but because of the lighting situation down there they are kinda hard to see, so I won't force you to look at them here.
John trying to creep Miss Megan out with a horseshoe crab
This is what they look like underneath. YUCK !!!
Miss Megan inside one of the tanks
These are a species of Sea horse
Lemon Tang
Clown fish or Nemos as all the little kids called them.
A venomous Stone fish
Isn't he cute
My favorite. Sorry the picture blows but I LOVE these guys.
They are called Sea Dragons
I wonder why ?
I wonder if the Lock Ness Monster is related to these little guys ?
Miss Megan's favorite
Pot bellied Sea Horses.
Miss Megan being attacked by a GIANT plastic jellyfish
Jellyfish. Duh
Little jellyfish
Octomom....
I mean Octopus HeHe
Creepy Giant crabs
Thank God they are from Asia and not here. CREEPY BASTARDS
A Deadly Cutle fish.
I don't remember what made him deadly, probably some sort of venom but I can't recall
Eel.
Morey I think
Electric Eel
Miss Megan loved this little Sea Urchin too.

Outside the aquarium we visited Cooters.
Miss Megan and Cooters tow truck.
Bless her heart she really has no idea who Cooter is or why we wanted her picture beside his "old beat up truck"
John sitting inside the General Lee.
Living a childhood fantasy
He is still a big fan of the original series.
Us at the Hard Rock in Gatlinburg.
John is such a pain in the ass kidder :-D
The car ride home
John's as much fun on the road as Miss Megan but at least I get to listen to whatever I want on the radio :-D
Me and John
This is a great view up my nose sorry about that.

5 comments:

Chris F. said...

Wonderful photos. I have seen the General Lee at Cooter's Place in Gatlinburg and Nashville. I even met John at an autograph signing there two years ago.

Cassie said...

We actually met Enis yesterday, but I was too cheap to pay for a picture. It he was just Enis after all. It was funny just listening to his voice. He looks differnt now with a goatee but he still sounds exactly the same.

B said...

Oh my goodness, that aquarium looks awesome. Who would have known that's where the homeless Octomom finally hid out.

Lucky Wife/Bookaholic said...

Looks like you all had a great day...

Kathy B! said...

I'm available for adoption!! I don't eat too much, I'm potty trained, I obey voice commands, and I'll lie quietly in my crate on the vacation trips....

KathyB!