Wednesday, March 4, 2009

LOLcat is my way of trying to make light in such a shitty post.
I got some sad news on Monday but have been hesitant to post it.
I am sure everyone remembers the kittens I took care of 2 weeks ago and then again last week.
I took them home the day they were born and started them on the bottle.
They appeared to all be doing so well, but as we all know life is fragle. More so when you have a rocky start and things don't follow the natural order they are suppose to.
So as sad as it made me it really didn't come as too big a shock to learn that after nearly 2 weeks 2 of the kittens died.
The other 4 seem to be still chugging along well.
I am hoping hoping hoping that these guys beat the odds and make it to kittenhood.
The 2 that died were the smallest orangey faced ones.
I hate it makes me so sad.
I feel like I/we let them down.
I try to remember that even when a litter of kittens in born under good conditions and get to stay with their mom things don't always work out then either.
It's not uncommon for mother cats to loose 1 or 2 from a healthy litter.
I don't get it and it sucks balls.

10 comments:

Lucky Wife/Bookaholic said...

awe... I'm sorry. Even though we know the odds, it doesn't make it hurt any less

B said...

Oh girl. I'm sorry to hear about those sweet kittens. It really does suck doesn't it? Let's hope the other keeps chuggin. But now I feel so bad about that comment I left you about my little kitten years back.

Cassie said...

No worries B I understand. I knew the odds when I took them on. If not for us bottle feeding them they would have all died right after birth. A short life filled with love and care was better than a very short life ending in starvation.

Roxane said...

Hey there! Stopping by from SITS. I'm so sorry about the kittens. Odds, schmoods, I'd still be crying my eyes out. Hope your other 4 are happy and healthy.
ps. I love all the pics of the hunky men below!

Debbie said...

I am sorry to hear about the kitties. That is so hard to take.

Carebear said...

Oh, I'm sorry. That is just so sad. They were blessed to have you caring for them the short time they were here...

Kathy B! said...

Sigh. It does suck, doesn't it. I think with animals sometimes it even becomes more difficult because we're so much more evolved. It seems like we should be able to "fix" things for them. I'm sorry they had to go but thankful they got to spend time with you before...

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. I would be really upset as well! Keep your chin up and focus on the four that are left. You are doing a great thing!

Becca

Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

Chris said...

Aw I'm sorry to hear that. :-(

Kathy B! said...

Hope you're doing okay! You usually post so often and you're unusually quiet over here...