Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Not now honey I have a headache


For a while now I have been pondering getting out of the Real Estate Biz. I started thinking about it around Thanksgiving last year. Real Estate had lost it's zing for me and I was working another job 2 days a week that I love. So over the holidays I gave serious thought to retiring my license. I talked to John about it and he told me to do whatever made me happy. I told Dan of my intentions and he gave me a ration of shit about not retiring my license that all I had to do to justify paying for my renewal was close on one house this year. My office manager gave me the same spiel and since I had one contract still in limbo until after the first of the year I relented and let Dan use my credit card to renew my damn license. So now I am still an agent but a shitty one. Before I prided myself in going the extra mile for clients but now I find myself trying to reassign so to speak my clients to other agents. I always LOVED working with buyers I even liked working with difficult buyers because of the statistician that came with selling them a home. Now I could give 2 shits..... With the market in not the best shape I should be happy that people want me to list their properties and help them find their new homes but I just can't seem to get the fire back that I once had. I hate that and I definitely don't want my clients to suffer because of my shitty outlook right now. As much as I want to turn tail and run cause face it that's what I usually do ( I am very spoiled in that all my life I have been able to do what I want when I want and quit stuff that I just don't feel like doing anymore)I am trying to decide still if I want to pack up my cubicle and call it quits, or if I want to begrudgingly kick start this career and get her back out on the road. I know for an absolute fact I don't want the full time heavy hitter Real Estate lifestyle. I have seen those type of agents up close and it's scary. I mean I really don't want to even think about real estate it makes my stomach sick just thinking about all of it really. Going into the office going to listing appointments, closings PAPERWORK Blaaahhh I hate it.
So off to the shower and then to the F'ing office to get you guessed it paperwork to list a house.
WooFreakin'Hoo
I am hoping that this house will go fast as we are pricing it aggressively and it's vacant and easy to show. :-D

2 comments:

B said...

I'm not a good one for advice usually, but I'd have to say it sounds like you really need a good listening to your inner heart, or gutt, or whatever. Take the time to figure out what you want to do, and than just do it without looking back. And, trust that you'll make the right choice for YOU. You'll figure it out girl.

Kathy B! said...

I agree with B. I'm not saying jump ship and find yourself in a state of jobless confusion, but sit and think what you're good at, what makes you happy, and waht canmake you money. Get a plan and then get the heck out of dodge. Life's too short to spin your wheels doing something that's sucking your soul dry...

Sorry for the late commenting. Tryin' to catch up :)