Ok so it's really Tuesday but for me it's kinda like Sunday. I only work 2 days a week Wednesday and Thursday. So for me Wednesday mornings are like Monday mornings. With Megan being outta school today it seems even more true.
Today however I feel a little lost. I still can't get Cynthiaa and Aiden off my mind. Couple that with Tueday Whitts passing on Friday and then Harper Stamps steady improvement after a rough start. I know that things happen for a reason. I get that. What I have trouble with is I always try to find the reason. I just can't wrap my mind around it. I know that I am suppose to have faith that God has a plan and I should let go and let him take care of that. I know that but I just can't. Why did 2 moms loose their precious little ones while out in the world other moms take for granted the miracle that they have been given. I understand that reproduction is just basic science in action but it is so much more profound than that. I remember a quote from the movie Parenthood “You need a license to buy a dog or drive a car. Hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they’ll let any asshole be a parent.” How true is that.
I know this post has gone nowhere but that's just where I'm at today.
I wish it would just snow some more maybe that will lighten my mood.
2 comments:
I understand how you are feeling...things just don't make sense sometimes :(
Just stopping in from SITS and love your blog!
You know, I have often wondered that myself. My mother in law is going through stage 4 cancer right now. It's her second round with cancer. She beat it the first time, but I don't understand why God would let someone go through that twice.
I feel really ho-hum today too, was before, but after reading about Cynthiaa and Aiden it made it worse. That quote you gave from Parenthood, I think about that all the time. I think there should be a rule that you need a license....mandatory birth control until you get the license.
Thanks for reading my blog. I love yours, that post with the Heath Ledger snowman just about made me spew coffee and I needed that today. :)
Post a Comment