So I am finally gonna post about Inkheart. We saw Inkheart on Saturday.
Miss Megan and the Hubby were excited to see it. Miss Megan had read most of the book so she gave us more background than the trailers so we were in.
While the movie had the opportunity to be great i.e. great story, good actors, and fair special effects.
It in my humble opinion wasn't all that great.
It seemed like they left a lot of the story out and in it's place just filled the time with meaningless fluff. Scenes that really didn't do anything for the overall movie. I was expecting a fanciful world of storybook characters read straight from their pages, and what I got was lackluster at best.
Bredan Fraser was good but didn't stand out.
The movie was stolen by Helen Mirren as Elinor Loredan.
She was the only spot of color in an otherwise grey movie.
Miss Megan loves Cornelia Funks books and was sad that this movie didn't do her story justice.
If you want to see it go ahead but I would wait til it comes out on video or maybe see it at the dollar theater.
3 comments:
Welcome to SITS! I will have to go and check out that movie..sounds interesting!
I love you mommy!
Your daughter,
Meggie
Came by from SITS! Thanks for the info on the movie. I think we will wait for it on demand.
Post a Comment