Sunday, April 5, 2009




Trying to get back into the rhythm today. We have had some issues on the home front with the cat being sick and then passing. Miss Megan has a virial infection that is manifesting itself as blisters on the palms of her hands, her fingers, the sole of her feet, and between her toes. This makes for a very uncomfortable Miss Megan which makes for a very sad Mommy. I hate that I can't make it go away and that it seems to be taking forever for it to start improving. She missed 2 days of school last week partly because it hurts to put shoes on and partly because she is in middle school and kids can be cruel so she didn't want to go in looking like she has leprosy. She said she didn't want to become known as blister girl. I can respect that
:-D
So here we are on Sunday and she is still all blistered up. I am truly not sure that there has been much improvement over the past day or so. At least however they seem to have stopped multiplying. Thank God for that :-D
We had a nice surprise on Friday when Lucky Wife emailed to see if I could do lunch on Friday. She had a job interview in West Ktown so we could meet for lunch. We meet at Beef O Bradys and had a great time. It's funny that even the first time we meet it felt like we had known each other for a long time. It's kinda cool really to feel that with someone you have just meet. I guess my stalking her blog all the way back to 2007 ? could cause that feeling :-D It seems like we are old friends in a way.


Rudy has settled in nicely as a member of the family. I think his presence has made Fiona's passing a bit easier for Miss Megan. She is determined to make him her snuggle buddy. Despite the fact that his breath is horrid. He is in serious need of a dental. Which he will be getting soon. He has several issues that make his care a bit more difficult. He is heart worm positive and an older dog so I have to have presurgical blood work done to make sure he can handle the anesthesia and he has to have a course of antibiotics before hand too since his teeth are most likely harboring an infection.
He is the Pandora's box of fun on the health front.
But he is a sweet boy so he is totally worth it.
I am hoping things her will get back in the usual rhythm soon and I can get back to my super fun self. Until then bear with me m'K :-D


Oh crap I totally forgot that before writing this post I put high volume bleach on my hair...
I hope I haven't melted my hair.
:-O
Stay tuned to find out....

2 comments:

Lucky Wife/Bookaholic said...

I would LOVE to see the BOOBY socks that you mentioned in my comments... Lol

Kathy B! said...

Is your hair okay?!

Hope Miss Megan's on the mend!