Saturday, April 4, 2009

I am sad to say that on top of all the other crap that is going on in Miss Megan's world right now her cat passed away last night.
We got Fiona when Miss Megan was 5 1/2. Miss Megan wanted a kitten so we adopted one from a rescue. Poor Fiona was never quite right she has been having mental health issues for the past few years and despite attempts with medication and pheromone treatments she was just never totally OK. Physically she was healthy up until the last day or so, so we just tried to make adjustments for her quirks and keep her as safe and happy as we could. She was a beautiful cat with gorgeous green eyes and always ready to cuddle. She was just unhappy in some way that we could never figure out and spent her days sleeping in the litter box.
So for Fiona her passing is probably a much needed relief from whatever ailed her, but for Miss Megan it is still difficult to loose the first pet that you sought out and brought home to be a member of the family.

3 comments:

Lucky Wife/Bookaholic said...

Poor miss megan... on top of everything else, she probably feels as though her world is just falling apart.

Losing a pet is a tough lesson at any age...

Let her know I'm thinking of her.

B said...

I hope Miss Megan is doing alright. Poor girl, something like this is always hard, and it being her first pet, etc, I feel terrible for her.

Kathy B! said...

Terrible, terrible news. I'm so sorry to hear of this loss. Give my hugs to Miss Megan, please.