Monday, April 20, 2009

Mondays Drugs and not my day off


Ok so today was suppose to be my day off from working outside home.
Monday for me is usually laundry, cat litter,and clean the house day.
I was actually daydreaming this morning about kickin dust bunny ass again when my cell phone went off announcing that I had a text message.
An unexpected text at 7am on a Monday.
I knew right away my daydreams were going to be just that daydreams.
So I got called in to cover for one of the other techs whose daughter as it turns out has strep.
I love my job but I must admit I was nervous about working without the tech I usually work with. You know how it is when you have established a rhythm with someone, you know what to do and what to expect.
Well I had never worked with the other tech.
She and I effectively make one person. She works 3 days and I work the other 2 so we seldom cross paths.
I have covered for her on several occasions in the past as well.
So today was a very hectic day.
No rhythm at all just me running my ass off trying to figure out who was on first, who was on second etc.
On the plus side the day went by kinda fast but boy am I tuckered out.
For a fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl I was shocked at how much I missed the regular rhythm.
I am not complaining mind you because it is good to step outside your comfy place and mix things up a bit.
I think in a job like mine it's good not to get to complacent.
Keeping me on my toes is a good thing it just felt weird. Like I had on someone elses shoes or something OK but just funky.


Then to top off the weirdness that was my day I had to stop and pick up some sodas and snacks for Miss Megan's class. They are taking the SATs this week. (the snacks were for the class not the sodas) and what should I park next to but a lady in a beat up Lexus shooting up drugs in the FC parking lot.....


WTF ?


I mean really.


When I first glanced over and saw her with a syringe my first thought was Insulin. But last time I checked you don't need a tourniquet or a vein to take Insulin. I sat in my car beside her dumbfounded and trying to look like I wasn't looking.
She finished her "snack" and went on in the store.
I watched her walk all the way across the parking lot in her jammy pants and house shoes before I could finally get it together and get out of my van. I glanced into her car and she had made no attempt to stash her "snack tray" as her syringe, tourniquet, lighter and some metal thing that kinda looked like a coke bottle cap laying on the front seat.

I have little if any illegal drug knowledge so I am not sure what she was "snacking" on but I am sure it wasn't good for her.
Not sure where to go with that but I was just shocked that some chick would be so brazen as to sit in her car at the FC in a nice suburban area and shoot up.


WEIRD AS HELL TO ME..........

2 comments:

Lucky Wife/Bookaholic said...

whoa, the drugs would totally freak me out too... Weird!

Kathy B! said...

That's just pure craziness. Literally!! I think I'd be equally floored.