Megan being Megan didn't want to go.
I encouraged her to go so did her Dad and her Grammy but, she is strong willed and had made up her mind not to go.
This is a quality I both LOVE and HATE in her.
I love that she is not easily swayed by what others say but, sometimes as a parent it would be good to be able to talk her into somethings.
I am however now really pleased that she didn't go to Treemont.
They are staying in rustic cabins and all the activities are outdoors.
Treemont is in the mountains here in good old Tennessee and the weather forecast for that area has the high around 40 all week with Tues., Wed., and Thurs only getting up to the mid to low 30's.
There is at least a 40% chance of rain 3 days.
All those poor kids are going to be frozen solid, or trapped inside the cabins. I imagine half of them will come home sick.
So as I type this I am thankful that Megan is home with me this week.
She already has almost all of her weeks worth of homework done and we have plans to go see Hotel for Dogs on Friday.

5 comments:
I must wonder if your daughter will have as much fun being as she will be home with you during this whole week.
I think she will generally she enjoys hanging out with me. She is still young enough that she enjoys my company. We are also going to be fostering a Jack Russell and her puppy for the next week or so. I'm sure she will be enamored with them. On top of all that she get her bottom braces on tomorrow. Fun Fun.....
Sounds like a good chance for some quality time. Enjoy your week.
Thanks I think we will :-)
Braces on... what FUN!
Post a Comment