Monday, June 1, 2009

Too much bush is a bad thing .......








What the french is up with all the commercials lately about trimming your pubes ?

For Gods sake couldn't they just say it's a great razor do we really need to see bushes morphing into common flair do shapes ?

This was a fun conversation with MM caught that the "bushes" were changing shape and that it was an ad for a razor but didn't understand what patch of hair they were talking about grooming.

Not that I am not open and honest to a fault with her about this stuff but it was still a bit strange considering the other territory that we have tackled to explain why women want to shape their pubes into fun shapes.

And thank Gawd that the trim the bush and the tree looks taller ad isn't airing here. I can only imagine the convo that would spark at my house .......

And for the record I agree with this chick totally

http://tinyurl.com/dd9lts

Now listen. I understand the difficulty in marketing a product like this: you're never going to see a commercial wherein a woman says, "I use this razor to shave my pubic hair, and I love it." It's just not going to happen. And though the shrinking bushes ad is somewhat gross, it's effective, and slightly less offensive than the hideous sing-along ad, which just feeds into the notion that women are gross, bad, or weird if they don't "mow the lawn." I mean, the song begins with a woman talking about how blue she is, and that her favorite thing to do in such situations is to "mow the lawn." Give me a fucking break.
But still: why can't we just have a product for women that isn't advertised beneath a layer of happy bird singing, tulip sprouting, pastel-wearing, Stepford bullshit? Nobody gives a shit about the happiness your pube shaving gives you. Nobody wants to go to dinner with your annoying doctor friend who won't shut the fuck up about the side effects of Yaz. Nobody wants to have a happy fucking period. Nobody needs to hear about how unwomanly you feel when you have to wear your gray hoodie because you aren't using Vagisil. And nobody needs to hear that when you're "feeling untidy" you "spruce up your Aphrodite." Why can't we just be straightforward about products for women? We all use and need these things; why can't we just be as obvious about personal hygiene products as men are? "You need this because it does this and it's effective at this, the end." Is a cartoony musical really necessary? I think not

3 comments:

What A Card said...

Hi from the commenter after you on SITS this morning.

Thanks for the am laugh...my Monday is getting off to a good start. I don't even need to mow the lawn to feel good today! ;)

Dan said...

Oh.
My.
GAWD.

This post rocked.

mommakin said...

Feeling untidy, spruce up your Aphrodite? Good Lord.