Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Blog post from Hell

OK let me start this post off by saying that it is going to be a choppy post. I have lots of stuff whirling around in my brain and it's all gonna come out like one big upchuck. Sorry about that.
First off things have been kinda quite around here as of late mostly just hangin at the house and enjoying summer and sleeping in. So therefore the blog fodder has been limited.
Second I am so jealous I could spit that my cousin and his family are currently on the vacation of my dreams... you can check out their vacation blog here http://travelingwilbanks.blogspot.com
Third I have had a ton of stuff on my mind lately about life and where mine should be or at least be headed. I am retiring my Real Estate licenses at the end of the week or the first of next week. Which in a way I feel bad about because it's just another thing my mom can say I started and didn't stick with. But at least I can say when I was working at it I was a good agent, and I did as well as I wanted. I could have been better, but I just really didn't want real estate to be my life and to be a top agent you have to sell your soul to the real estate gods and eat sleep and breathe real estate. I have no desire to be "one of those agents"
Fourth John and I have been talking lately about time and timing and that if I was ever gonna go back to school to be something when I grow up, nows the time to do it. Which is an awesome thought. Gotta love a man who encourages me to do what I want :o) I could easily be a professional student. I love to learn new stuff and I enjoy school. So that leads me into the
Fifth thing. If I was to go to school what would I want to go for ????? John thinks I should go to nursing school. Back when Miss Megan was little I went through the CNA program and got my license to do that. But as usual I didn't do anything with it. That had to be the easiest program ever. Well the hours and time sucked. I worked full time when I went through the program. 6am-2pm then class was from 4pm-10pm Monday -Friday. That kinda stunk but the class was a breeze. I never did understand why over half the class couldn't pass the state test or failed out of the class before they even made it to the state test. Our class that started out with 36 people had 5 graduates.
Wanna brag on myself a bit here.... I was the top in my class.
Graduated with a 99 average
*pats self on back*
I am interested in so many things but am unsure at my age what is a wise career choice ?
OK onto my sixth thing which is gonna cause me to sound like a byatch I'm sure
I just don't understand some bloggers and their over inflated egos. I mean I guess that's what you call it.
People who hide inside there own blog.
Using fake names for everyone and hiding where they are. I understand having a blogger name that is not the same as your name it's fun to get to pick a new name for yourself.
I mean I get that you shouldn't post your address on here but not even putting what part of the damn country you are in ?
Really I know that I am more upfront with my blog than most people I get that.
My reason for that I guess is that's just me in real life.
I also don't think that anyone reading my blog really gives two shits about stalking me or finding me in person. As a matter of fact I have meet a fellow blogger and she and her daughters are delightful :o).
I also get that your blog is a place to vent and put down things that you maybe couldn't say out loud to the people around you.
Like you couldn't bitch about people from work if you are like me and tell where you work and use your real name. Not an issue for me cause that's not my style anyway.
Also if you want to piss and moan about your family or in laws and you don't want them to stumble upon it in cyberland and know it was you.
Again I just go ahead and bitch about them cause for the most part they know how I feel anyway.
But to think so much of yourself that you take down your blog because somebody figured out that you were at a show put on by one of their fellow bloggers and mentioned it to the other blogger ??? I don't get it.
If you are in the witness protection program or some similar program you probably don't need a blog anyway.
Maybe I am just a dumbass and I probably am not getting my point across the way I want. But I seriously don't get thinking that in the great big bloggy world anybody is that into you. I don't blog for accolades( well maybe just a bit ) I blog because I like it. I like to feel connected in some small way to people both near and far. You guys are like my virtual friends.
Why would I want to hide from you.
My blog is not followed by the masses.
I have 20 followers and for me that's crazy. 20 people (well 18 really cause I am following myself hehe and Rudy's blog follows me too).
But 18 people found me and thought enough of me to follow me.
Me a nobody in the grand spectrum of the world.
I am proud to have followers I am happy that they know my name and where I come from.
So am I just an Ahole or what ?

2 comments:

Dan said...

Yeah... you are just an a-hole.

LOL. Just kidding.

Only B and the blogger with the big ego are a-holes.

Kathy B! said...

So who is the blogger with the big ego?!?! You've got me all curious... I've been on vacation for the last week+ and I'm all out of the loop...

I'm so excited that you're going back to school! I was thinking about it, and then never went through with it. Like you, I can't decide what I want to do/study. Let us know when you firgure it out. I wish we were closer. I'd totally go back with you! I, too, could go for the life of professional student!!