
Ok so the vet finally freakin called....
And based on the shitload of test they did on Steve they can't find anything wrong with him other than 2 of his lymph nodes are a little swollen.
The Liver aspiration came back cancer free as did the blood culture.
They would like to do a biopsy of one of the lymph nodes but I think that might be over kill. He is doing well on the antibiotics, his fever is gone and his appetite has returned. I encouraged Kile to wait a week and have the blood test rerun after another round of Amoxi as that seems to be working. I don't know a whole lot about anatomy or medicine in general but I do know that the lymph system is the bodies "window screens" they catch all the infection and crap that is circulating around on your bloodstream. So it would seem to me that if he was running a slight fever, didn't have a super appetite, had 2 slightly swollen lymph nodes, and was responding to antibiotics you would learn toward a diagnosis of some sort of infection ??? The vet scared the bejeebers out of Kile telling him she suspected CANCER. All the test have shown that there seems to be NO cancer present. So that's a good thing ;o)
Thanks to all of you who sent good vibes Steve's way.
I know they worked and that Steve felt them as he was so calm and such a trooper through this whole thing.
1 comment:
Well, I'm glad the cancer was ruled out, but sorry that it's been such a wild ride... I'll continue sending my warmest kitty vibes your way...
Any update on whether you're going back to school and what you'll study if you do?!
Post a Comment