Monday, June 29, 2009

Lost

So over the course of the last few day I have been following through Face Book a high school friend who's husband was also in my friend circle.
Alicia and David have been together since we were in high school and married while in high school like John and I.
They have 3 children together.
Because of her Face Book posts I knew that David had gotten sick while they were at a motorcycle rally of sorts.
The Junebug Bop.
He came home and went to the Dr.
The Dr said he had the flu.
When he didn't get better the Dr found he also had pneumonia.
David got worse over the course of last week and was hospitalized on Thursday.
Alicia kept us informed through Face Book of his worsening condition.
This morning when I logged on I discovered that at 11:42 last night David passed away.
I was in shock. I can't imagine how lost Alicia must feel right now.
This is not the way that things are suppose to happen David was
36 years old
and healthy
until last week.
It just boggles my mind.
I couldn't imagine a world without John in it.
I would be lost, floundering.
He is my anchor.
I ask that today you lift up Alicia and her children as they face this difficult time.

3 comments:

Kathy B! said...

I am at a loss for words.

I will keep Alicia and her family in prayers. I can't imagine the hurt, and the loss, and the confusion.

I'm so sorry.

mommakin said...

Wow. That is so shocking and sudden, I can't imagine her pain.

Condolences.

Tamara Dawn said...

Just awful. My worst fear, losing anyone I love that sudden. My heart and prayers go out to Alicia and their children.