Thursday, June 25, 2009

Holy Cow



OK so in memorial of the passing of Michael Jackson.
My brother bless his heart took me to see the Victory tour when it came to Knoxville back in 1984.
Looking back he really must have been suffering from a really high fever to agree to do this for several reasons.
1. My brother hates crowds
2. My brother for the most part hates people in general
3 I was nine and he was 19
4. I know it cost him an arm and a leg to take me
5. My brother was not a fan of Michael Jackson (he was more of a Cheap trick Go Go's and Culture club kinda guy)
So he broke down and bought me a concert t shirt too which probably cost an arm and a leg too. Hey but I kept the damn thing this long and when I wore it to school after the concert I was
"the shit"
So a great big thank you Kile I know how much fun you must have had taking me.
But it is something I will always remember.

3 comments:

mommakin said...

And something he is probably thinking about today, too.

Almost surreal for 2 figures who were SO iconic to die on the same day.

Chris F. said...

I didn't go to the Knoxville performance on his 'Victory Tour'. but I was certainly into the music videos, the break-dancing (to the best of my ability) and the sequined gloves and jacket.

Reviewer11 said...

Cool shirt.

I still can't believe it. I've been listening to the radio right now and they said he is mentioned all over the world. :(

From a SITSta :)