Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Do I laugh or do I cry ???

Today started out promising enough. I had property tour with my office. This is where the agents from the office go out ad preview the new listings by agents in that office. It's always fun because we all carpool around and talk about one another. I usually drive being the control freak that I am, and Dan rides with me. Then either Holly or Gail or Toni rides with us. It's fun and we get to see new properties on the market. There's a lot of oh did you see that, what were they thinking when they painted the bedroom chocolate brown, who priced this house ? Fun stuff for agents probably boring to everyone else. But today was different. I got up early but got into reading Intensity by Dean Koontz and then ended up running late. So I hopped in the car to hurry into the office and realized I was low on gas. So I shot into the Pilot across from my office to get gas. That's when I realized that I didn't have my wallet with me. (Being the genius I am I took it out of my purse the night before so I didn't need to carry my whole purse into the store and then didn't put it back.) so I didn't have my debit card or my license. Holly Cow!!!!!! THIS SUCKS !!! It was already 5 after nine and I was suppose to be at the office by nine. I jumped across the street. After I got into the office I was greeted by some unusual talk from another agent about it being erotic when your cat nips at your neck. How weird is that ? To weird for me. I hurried on and pled my case with Dan to see if he would care to drive. No problem he says being the DEAR that he is. So we were off. Did I mention the cat neck nipper rode with us ? Property tour was going well even though we drove all over town, when all of a sudden things just went right in the toilet. I was scheduled to have walk through today with a client and then closing on his house on Friday. Well today the mortgage guy calls and says that it's not going to close... Those are the dirtiest of words to a struggling realtor. Why I asked ? Well your client sent us incorrect information that makes us unable to loan on him. So no closing on Friday. No money... I have been waiting to close since last year. THIS SUCKS !!!! On top of that I will need to call the other agent on the listing side and explain AGAIN why we can't close on our scheduled date. This makes date number 3 by the way. The first one was set for April 20 then April 30 and now it was set for June 29. At this point I am not sure if I should laugh cry hit somebody or what. So Dan being the DEAR that he is trys to console me. He is really good at it by the way. I felt better after talking to him about it. He even took me to Krystal for lunch to try and cheer me up. Then the mortgage guy calls back and says that maybe he can save it if my buyer can come up with 5% down. It's all up to the buyer now. He says he can so we'll see. But the closing is still off for Friday... THIS STILL SUCKS !!!
Later in the day I find out that one of my listings that is under contract has termites and will need to be treated before the sale at a cost of $500. I have to call my seller and tell her she has to pay for the treatment or not sell the house. THIS REALLY SUCKS !!! Fortunately for me she is understanding and we get it scheduled to be treated so this one will close.... Or at least it is supposed too........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww... LOVE you. Tomorrow will be a better day! LOL.