
My family and I went to the The Point 93.1 and Star 102.1's sneak peek of Evan Almighty last night. We got there way earlier and I am glad that we did. The line of people waiting to get in took up most of the lobby at the Regal theater at Knoxville Center. We stood in line for almost and hour before being able to go in. We got good seats :-) I was really excited about seeing this movie as I have said before and was hopeful that I hadn't built it up to much and would be really let down . But on the contrary it was even better than I had expected. It had parts that were laugh out loud funny. Wanda Sykes is fabulous she has so many sharp one liners. Morgan Freeman is great again at playing God. He has just the right amount of humor with a hint of compassion. Steve Carell is great. I enjoyed him in this even more than in The Office. This movie was good for me also because I didn't feel blasphemous about watching it, since Evan doesn't become God or really take on any God like qualities. He simply follows what God wants him to do. Which is difficult enough. Over all it is a great family film. At the end of the movie that audience applauded on two different occasions, at the end of the movie and again at the end of the credits. I give it two snaps up in a z formation......
1 comment:
Good movie review... I went to see the new penguin movie this weekend 'Surfs Up' you should go see it, I think you would like it.
Oh and Sammy made you a sponsor on his surf Report this morning...
Post a Comment