Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ok so a few posts ago I talked about moving on and letting go of relationships that maybe toxic.
But here's the new catch.
Now that I have decided to "walk away" from this person/relationship.
They have had a medical emergency.
I feel like a complete shit for not rushing in to help.
I feel like even though our relationship is in the shitter right now, it is my responsibility
as a person to help out in anyway I can.
So now what the heck am I suppose to do ?
I feel really pulled.
This sucks balls

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you be hurt by helping this person? You feelings?
Will it hurt your husband or your daughter?
Those are the only 3 people at the end of the day that matter, right?

Send some flowers & in the card say "if you need anything I'm a phone call away". That puts you out there that you are offering help but maybe hoping that you don't have to follow threw with the offer. It brings you out on top I think.

Sometimes we have to walk away from people that cause us pain. And stay away from them no matter what.

Ask yourself if this person would be there for you if the tables were turned?

Elizabeth D. said...

That's a tough situation. That's What She Said made some darn good points - would it hurt you to send some flowers or a get well card, just to show that you're human? I don't think you need to rush in and save the day, but it is helping them by letting them know that you care. I know the timing sucks, but if you need to stay away from this person because they're toxic, then you need to stick to it. Good luck! Stopping by from SITS to wish you a happy Friday and to hopefully give you some positive encouragement!

BLOGitse said...

I agree with these two ladies...

“Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest”

http://BLOGitse.blogspot.com

Lucky Wife/Bookaholic said...

I have tried to "phase out" a toxic friendship going on my third time... Each time I do it, some major event occurs and I feel compelled to rekindle.
I will say it just prolongs the dissappointment, and let down and toxic in your life.
Yes you can send a "get well soon" but there is no need to add "if you need anything..."

We need t get together soon... unless I am the one that's Toxic??? :-(

Cassie said...

Lucky, you are NOT the toxic one of whom I speak. We should totally get together sometime soon. :o)