A Karns High School teacher has been hospitalized after being knocked down as a result of a fight there.
Knox County School officials say Terry Runger was knocked down by students who were backing away from the scene of the fight.
At that point, the teacher hit her head.
Knox County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Martha Dooley says Runger was trying to break up the fight.
Dooley says a male student and a female student got into a verbal altercation and it escalated. Two other males joined in on the altercation. The first boy was hit. Juvenile charges are pending against the female student and the other two male students.
Terry Runger is in the intensive care unit at ParkWest, according to hospital officials. She is a longtime English teacher at the school.
Hoping and praying that Mrs Runger is ok.
Also one of my friends from high school lost her 5 year old daughter on Sunday.
Ryleigh's funeral is tonight.
I am so nervous about going to a funeral for a child. I just don't know if I can do it.
I have been to probably 30 funerals in my life, all four grandparents, and my dads, but I don't know thateven those will compare to a child's.
Seems like I can't get away from high school stuff this past few days.

No comments:
Post a Comment