So we braved the crowds and saw Twilight last night. None of us has read any of the books so we went in with no other knowledge about the story. We thought it was really pretty good. The biggest problem we had with it is that none of the standard vampire myths seem to hold true in the adaptation. The vampires in this story can be out in daylight they chose not too because their skin glistens like diamonds so it gives them away. They can be seen in mirrors and photographs. They can cross running water, they can enter your house uninvited. So for my husband who is a fan of the vampire genre it was difficult for him to forgo those old ideals. I will say that I think we may get the books now that we have seen the movie because others at the theater were upset about all that was left out. Mostly the background of the main characters and how they came to live as a family. But overall for us it was a great movie. I would recommend it. I liked it better than the Harry Potter movies, not sure that Meg and John would agree with me.Monday, November 24, 2008
So we braved the crowds and saw Twilight last night. None of us has read any of the books so we went in with no other knowledge about the story. We thought it was really pretty good. The biggest problem we had with it is that none of the standard vampire myths seem to hold true in the adaptation. The vampires in this story can be out in daylight they chose not too because their skin glistens like diamonds so it gives them away. They can be seen in mirrors and photographs. They can cross running water, they can enter your house uninvited. So for my husband who is a fan of the vampire genre it was difficult for him to forgo those old ideals. I will say that I think we may get the books now that we have seen the movie because others at the theater were upset about all that was left out. Mostly the background of the main characters and how they came to live as a family. But overall for us it was a great movie. I would recommend it. I liked it better than the Harry Potter movies, not sure that Meg and John would agree with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment