Friday, November 7, 2008

I have never been a counter protester before....

So let me start this post with an apology 1 for the tons of pictures and the quality of said pictures and 2 for my random ramblings about today.
Perhaps a little back story is in order... Today members of the Westboro Baptist Church were coming to Scott County to protest the deaths of 4 high school cheerleaders last week. Their reason for this ? because God hates Tennessee and killed those girls as a show of vengeance.

I took this info (in orange)from their hate spewing website. The web address for their lovely site is www.godhatesfags.com

Since 1955, Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) has taken forth the precious from the vile, and is therefore as the mouth of God (Jer. 15:19). In 1991, WBC took her ministry to the streets, conducting over 34,000 peaceful demonstrations (to date) opposing the fag lifestyle of soul-damning, nation-destroying filth. In response, america bombed WBC; america burned WBC on 8-2-2008. God is america's enemy: 4,191 dead soldiers; 30,634 wounded.
America crossed the line on June 26, 2003, when the Supreme Court (the conscience of the nation) ruled in Lawrence v. Texas that we must respect sodomy. WBC believes her gospel message to be this world's last hope.


This is what their website had to say about the protest that they did today. (also in orange, the teal type was taken from their website as well but is suppose to be an email sent to them by one of us doomed Tennesseans)

Scott County High School - God Killed Your Cheerleaders! 400 Scott High Drive So, when we tell the whole round world that the southern states of DOOMED america are full of hypocrites, and in fact we have this little diddy: You southern hypocrites, fag feces is your grits! We have proof, to wit: 1) They are VIOLENT BRUTES (see email threat below) 2) Their children just keep dying - Ps 55:23 But thou, O God, shalt bring them down into the pit of destruction: bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; but I will trust in thee. Like the blasphemous children who mocked Elisha, read this little tale: 2 Kings 2:23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. 24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them. Remember, you little fluff-brained dim bulbs: Mt 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
"From: Tennessee Spokesperson - HOW APPROPRIATE! Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 8:29 PM To: Little sheep of God Subject: You'Ll Regret Coming To Scott County Hey All You Sons Of Bitches In This So Called Church...Let Me Give You A Little Warning. If You Guys Step Foot In Scott County, Tennessee, Hell You Step Foot In The Stat That Will Be The Biggest Mistake You Have Ever Made. These Families Have Enough Greif Without You Assholes Making This Worse. I Swear To God...The County And Surrounding Counties Will Stick Together And You Guys Will Be Meeting God Very Shortly To See What He Thinks Of Yall. So If You Guys Decide You Come Here Just Remember One Thing "You'Re Not In Kansas Anymore"...And You Come Here You Won'T See Kansas Again. All Of Our Good Ol' Boys With Be Waiting You Chickenshits To Fill Yall With Led. So All I Got To Say Is "May God Be With You" He Is The Only One That Can Help You Now. Sincerly, The Guy That Will Kill Your Mother Fucking Asses" And they wonder why God is slaughtering their brats? No, they don't wonder, and they are pissed as all get out at God for His Righteous Judgments. They can't reach up to heaven, but they think they can kill His messengers. AMEN!

Ok so these people aren't playing with a full deck.
A rally was planned for people/counter protesters to go and show our support for the families of those girls and also for the people of Scott County. I couldn't sit by and not do something to show those idiots that we won't stand for them spewing hatred. All of this because we are accepting of gays ? I don't understand nor do I want to. SO any way I drove an hour up to Scott County and stood in the piss pouring rain to wait for 4 people from Kansas to show up and tell us we were all going to hell because we are tolerant of homosexuals ? CRAZY So any way here are the pictures that I took



















Heading to the school. That's the front part of the caravan. We were lead by some bikers from Knoxville



















Arriving at the protest site. It's hard to see but there were 50+ officers with billy clubs standing along the building.
























The Chief of Police in Scott County. He was very gracious and glad we were there.




















Some of the other counter protesters waiting in the rain for WBC.





















The officers marching out to form the riot line.



























Still marching...






















The officers forming the riot line with the Tennessee Highway Patrol officers forming yet another barricade behind them. I wish I would have taken pictures of the guys on the roof with the tear gas and the firefighters at the ready with the hoses.

























Some of the counter protesters. The woman in the foreground is the mother of a Scott County High student(that's his arm holding the umbrella) She stood beside me and kept thanking us for coming.









What we had waited all morning on..... 3 women and a teenager from WBC. What a turnout by the hatemongers.

















You can barely read her sign in this pic but it says "Fag enabler in Hell"
kinda sad that they paid for signs with such bad grammar. The other ones sign said "America is doomed" one of the signs I didn't get a pick of said "Aids cures fags"





















Some of the counter protesters in a prayer circle. I wish I could have gotten a pic of the high school kids on their knees in the rain and mud praying for the idiots on the other side of the road. What compassionate hearts they must have. I myself wanted to go across the street and beat the living shit outta the women on the other side. I just don't get how some People can be filled with so much hatred. And to beat it all drag their children into the mess. I just don't get it. The protesters stayed about 30 minutes and then left. Most of the counter protesters left shortly after the protesters arrived, saying is that all you've got and then turning their backs to them.

I was proud today to be from East Tennessee a community that stands together. In line today I stood with, a mother, a football player, 2 high school kids from Oliver Springs, a gay man, an off duty firefighter, a radio disk jockey, a man and his wife from Philadelphia Tn, a scientist from Oak Ridge, a McDonald's drive though attendant who had just gotten off work, and countless others who like me could not sit ideally by. I think that says a lot about the community that God supposedly hates....
God is Love

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

..."I myself wanted to go across the street and beat the living shit outta the women on the other side. I just don't get how some People can be filled with so much hatred..."

It starts with a seed, the desire to beat the living shit out of people, and it grows like a vine, either through inattention or by deliberate cultivation, until it chokes your entire psyche with bitterness. And the only cure is to learn to see other people, no matter who they are or what they do, as another "I".

Cassie said...

True I said that I wanted to I didn't because even though their opinions are warped as hell they have a right to them the same as I do. For that reason I peacefully assembled and refrained from any shit beating.....

Cassie said...

I love ya Dan ;-)