
You ever had something happen that just really chaps your ass and you aren't sure why. Today we had our weekly torture session, I mean sales meeting. I was somewhat excited because I had a really good month last month. I had 3 units close in September. Up from 0 in August. Our broker goes down a list each month and reads out the names of the agents that have had closings the previous month. I was secretly proud of my work in September because all 3 of my units were hard fought. I gave up a large part of my commission on one, and bought a home warranty for another. All that was missing was a little ego stroke by having my name read during the sales meeting for closing 3 units. When he pulled out the trusty list I sat straighter in my seat. First name on the list was one of the top agents in our office who had closed 3 units. I was jazzed because I had tied her Yeah Me !!!! Then another agent with 3 units, then another. I begin a chant in my head wait for it wait for it. I was smiling inside waiting for my name to be read. Still reading off the list he starts reading the names of agents with 2 units, He names about 4 of those all top agents. Next he reads the agents with one unit. I am still sitting up in my seat waiting for him to realize the mistake and call my name. But he doesn't. The staff meeting I had waited a month on is over and alas my anticipation was for not. The ass muncher didn't even acknowledge me. But you know what really chaps my ass about it. Back several months ago I rocked a month and had 4 units close., and you know what ass muncher skipped me then too....I checked with our office manager after that meeting and sure enough I was on the list as having 4 units close. I really don't have a boatload of respect for my broker, but then I am an asshole so normally I chalk it up to my own faults and not his. But skipping my hard work twice when he readily acknowledges others really burns me up. I am an attention ho and I work hard to garner what ever attention I can get. So what gives ?
1 comment:
I am sorry, but this post made me laugh out loud -- literally. I think it must be the term "ass muncher" that did it.
I swear your name WAS read the last time when you had four units. Because I remember you not being there to hear it. BUT there was another time when you were there and it didn't get read.
Post a Comment