Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday ?


So my friend Dan Hurst.... took my mother and I out to lunch today. We had a blast. Dan brought his little cousin Henry along and he has to be of the best behaved 1st graders I have ever seen. I am waiting to hear if Henry's little sister has arrived yet. He was lunching with Dan because his mom was at the hospital having his new baby sister. I can't wait to find out what they named her.

Also I am recovering from an incident the other night with a crazy feral cat in a dark bathroom. It was a whirlwind of lace trimmed hand towels and lightly scented decorative soaps. I can't believe it was my idea to let a feral cat that we had trapped in a cage loose anywhere, let alone in my mothers half bathroom. What the HELL was I thinking ? Then when all hell broke loose in there and the cat starts climbing the walls I developed a serious case of shit for brains and ran in there armed with a bath towel ???? As if it wasn't already kicking my ass the cat decided to add insult to my already bleeding arms and turn off the freaking light as it sailed through the air. Fortunately the cat landed safely on my shoulder where it promptly bit me in the head not once but twice before I could wrestle it off my face and turn the damn light back on. The only good thing about the light being off if there is one is that I didn't see the cat coming for my face so I didn't tense up. Trauma is always lessened when you aren't tense at the moment of impact :-) All the while my mother is laughing like a crazy woman, so much for the mother bear fighting to save her cub..... Good thing I am not a bear.
I finally caught the crazy thing in the bath towel, and as much as I wanted to shove Q-tips under her claws as punishment for the injuries she had inflicted on me. I didn't I put her in a carrier with a clean towel ( the other was covered in MY blood) and fed her sorry ass a can of wet cat food. She stayed the rest of the night in my moms living room floor nestled snug as a beast I mean bug. The next morning I took her to the Young Williams Spay Shuttle www.knoxpets.org and had her spayed, her shots done and she was even microchipped all for free. ( I volunteer on the shuttle about 2 days a month so they were nice and worked me in and also worked me over because I let that little tiny cat beat the hell out of me. I told them my moms bathroom was cleaned up and ready for round 2 anytime they wanted to come over and go 8 minutes with her in the dark) oh and it wasn't free because I volunteer on there it's free to any Knox County resident. Its funded by a grant that wants to see what effect free spay and neuters will have on the unwanted/homeless pet population in Knox County. She is now back home and resting in a crate in my moms living room. She has calmed down considerably over the past few days, to the point where you can pet her.But I can feel her staring at me when I walk by and hear her whispering under her kitty breath for me to watch my back.........

4 comments:

Heather said...

Too funny! Hey, I used to know a guy named Dan Hurst when I lived in Knoxville :) Wonder if it's the same one!

Cassie said...

Yep its the same him :-)

Heather said...

Really?! Tell him I said hello!

Cassie said...

ok sure thing. he reads my blog daily or at least says he does if you want to leave him a note here he should see it :-)