Today has been somewhat challenging. I hired a tile guy to come and lay the tile in my mothers living room, dining room and kitchen. It's almost 700 sq ft. John and I were originally going to lay it but we just really didn't want to. So first I called a couple of people from the paper and got varying estimates. Most of them seemed to think that I am some kind of dumb ass who doesn't know what I want or how things are done.
1. John and I have lain tile before so I have some working knowledge of how its done.
2. I have several family members who lay tile professionally. (they are all way out of the area or they would be doing it)
3. Just because I'm female I can add, subtract, multiply, divide, and figure Sq footage.
So I found one that was reasonable and could start Monday. YEAH. Now for the bad part. He came by last night and said that he could start in the morning, because the paint and other supplies for the job he is working on didn't come in like they were suppose too. Cheese and Crackers we wanted it done sooner rather than later but holy rusted metal tomorrow morning is really quick. But being the idiots that we are we said sure. So then the rush was on to get everything moved out of 3 rooms and put somewhere. My mother who wanted it done and was tired of waiting didn't seem to be on board with hurrying to get it done. So anyway we get everything moved and the guy shows up and gets started then we discover that we got the wrong kind of backer for the tile(or at least not the kind that he liked) so we had to reload all of it and return it to Lowes. We got the correct stuff and returned. Then we discovered that we didn't have the adhesive that he liked to use so we loaded up the truck again and headed back to Lowes. Between the two trip to Lowes to get the stuff that the tile guy wanted we had spent another $400.00 beyond what we had spent to start with. Damn this sucks. Then his wife calls and says she is having car trouble and he needs to go pick up his son at school. So on the day we thought we would really get the ball rolling we got 4 hours of work out of the tile guy. So I guess per title of this blog I suck.
Please stand by while I climb my fat ass up on the soap box........
I am tired of other agents not updating their listings in the MLS. Nothing makes you look more like a dumb ass than when you send buyers listings and the ones they want to see while marked active have already freakin' closed. If I am not mistaken this is an important part of our job, keep your shit current. Ugh !!!!!!!!!!! Once I can handle but five times is a bit much......
Sorry for all the profane language but it's just the mood I'm in today.
1 comment:
I agreed. I know your mom will love the tile when it's done, though.
Post a Comment