Monday, September 29, 2008

I am the Shit oh Yeah......

This is the before




and this is the after





Today my Mom and I took down the old rotten fascia board and gutter. I then went to Lowes and bought the wood to replace the fascia board. We cut hung and painted the board. Then went back and rehung the gutter. I think we did a great job don't you. This is not the type of project I would normally tackle I am more the sit back and wait till all that's left is the painting type. But for some reason I got a wild hair and decided that I just had to repair the storage building TODAY.
My dad always joked about his inabilities as a handyman, even though he did all the handyman stuff at the house. He would have laughed his arse off if he had seen me and my sixty two year old mother out there today. We had to measure, cut, nail, and drill things over our heads. We were covered in leaf dirt from the 50's that came out of the gutter. I am the only person I know that can almost knock their self out with a drill. Mom had a great laugh at that one. But it's done and I am proud as punch of our accomplishment.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY impressive. You're one die-hard handyperson chick. LOL.

Anonymous said...

you go girls