Ok so I am seriously thinking about selling my Jeep. I put it on Craigslist the other day to see if I got any interest. Sure enough I got tons of emails from interested people ( and a couple from bots) One guy in particular is very interested and is coming to see it today. I am having a hard time with my feelings about the impending sale. I love the goofy car and have dreamed for years about fixing it up and using it as a daily driver. However years have passed and I haven't been able to do a freakin thing to it. Hence me kinda wanting to sell it. I love it so much that I don't want it to rust into the ground waiting on me. But then I don't want to sell it cause I am selfish and I want to keep it FOREVER so that one day I can fix it up and drive it or if I don't fix it at least I have it and can dream of fixing it up. I know that I can never replace it and that's the hard part. I remember going to buy it. I saw it for sale on the side of the road and fell in love with it. I had always wanted one and there it was. Amazingly enough my mom who was with me bought it for me. But not until I took my grandfather back to look at it. My dad had just passed away a few months before and even though my grandfather was legally blind and suffering from Alzheimer's I wanted him to see it and give me the thumbs up. I remember getting there and the sweet lady that was selling it helping me get him in the front seat. He had a hard time because the Jeep sits so high. But after we finally got him buckled in and were going down the road my papaw said it rode well and sounded alright. If you knew my papaw you would know that alright is the highest grade he would give anything. The best meal he ever ate, the nicest car hes ever seen etc. So that made me love it even more.
So now years have passed and my papaw is gone but I still remember that first ride with him and his giving it the alright.
I just don't know what to do. I could use the money from the sale to finish up some other stuff and to spend a little extra on Megans upcoming birthday. But it makes me kinda sick to think of it gone, I keep telling myself that the memories belong to me and that I don't need to have a car to remember them. I think once it's gone and the initial shock wears off I will get over it.
Any thoughts ?
1 comment:
Wow. What a sweet, sweet story. I have no idea what suggestion to make you to you about whether to keep it. After all, I am the guy who moved to town to buy the house his grandparents owned -- so the sentimental side of me runs pretty deep. But I know whatever you decide to do will be what's best for you.
Post a Comment