Friday, November 30, 2007

Opal

My new stove


It has been a while since I posted last and I had promised myself that I would be more consistent. Oh well guess I am not very good at keeping promises. I am not sure what exactly to blog about today but felt I needed to do something. Several things have happened lately I guess I could give the rundown



1. I am fostering a Basset Hound for one of the rescues. She will be heading out next week on her way to Alabama (with a banjo on her knee). She is a great girl. So far she has blended pretty well with everyone at the house with one one MAJOR ISSUE. She raids the litter box. Ans as if that weren't bad enough she doesn't just eat the stuff and move on... oh no that would be too easy. She delicately removes the turds places them on the floor and rolls on them. From her droopy neck to her saggy baggy behind.... And she really likes the smelly ones. I guess they squish better in her fur :-P So she has had several baths since arriving. The baby gate is securely up now so no more fun for Opal :-(



2. I got a listing out in Blount county. Alcoa to be more specific. It's a cute little house. 2 bedrooms 1 1/2 baths. It needs to be updated a bit but would make a nice starter or empty nester home.



3. My new job is going well I think. It seems that when ever I feel like I am getting it down something new comes up and throws me for a loop. But I really enjoy it. Maybe a little too much. I enjoy not needing to go out and find work like I do in Real Estate. I know when I will be working a month in advance. It's a steady income.... and I like the people. I think most of them like me :-)



4. I am well on my way to the retro kitchen of my dreams. John Megan and I went to Virginia Beach and got the coolest St Charles metal kitchen cabinets 2 weeks or so ago. Then I got the best gift ever from my friend Dan.... He GAVE me the neatest GE fridge. It has been in his family since it was new some 68 years ago and he just GAVE it to me. Dan you rock !!!!!!! Then as luck would have it I found a similar kitchen stove at Habitat for humanity. It works great. Then just this morning I found the wickedest stove on Ebay for 24.99 and I won it. So now we get to go to Ohio to pick it up. That adds another state to Megan's list :-) That puts her at 10 total.



I think that should catch me up for a while.

No comments: