Monday, November 12, 2007

OK so I haven't blogged in awhile. Funny thing is I keep going to other blogs that I read and getting all bent out of shape because they aren't blogging. So just in case someone out there is let down by my lack of blogging here goes.....
I started a part time job about a week ago, it's working for some clients of mine who own a vet clinic in beautiful downtown Karns. They needed someone to help out at the front desk. Since I had some experience in this department and like a challenge she offered me the job. Since Christmas is coming and the real estate goose is not getting fat I jumped at the chance to make steady money and work great hours. I only work in the morning so I can still do all my real estate stuff in the afternoons or evenings. So far it's been really good. My only real problem is feeling insecure about not knowing a lot and asking questions all the time. Which I am sure is annoying as hell to the other girls that are training me. I am hoping that they don't start to resent me. Note to self take chocolate to work daily to sweeten up the work enviorment :-) I do hope that I catch on soon because I hate feeling like a dumb ass. In every job that I have had I have worked hard and excelled quickly, usually working my way up. If not in the promotion department at least in the responsibilities that I am given and also in the eyes of my employers. I think that is why I get bent about real estate so much. While I think I am marginally good at it I am not willing to put in the time it would require for me to be a mega agent and that bums me out some. In the core of my self I always want to be the best and get praise and attention for going above and beyond. I am an attention whore. And in real estate I can't seem to get that. I worked at the Food City as a cashier at the first of the year and I sold more of those stupid $1.00 donation cards than anybody. My til was always right, I knew a lot of the customers by name, I even had one mean ass old lady ask for the manager and give him a glowing report about how courteous I was and that they needed more "young people" like me in the store. I ate it up....
I am hoping that this job will give me the opportunity to let my little light shine, but still allow me time for Megan, John and real estate. And if not at least I am getting paid HOURLY. Holy shit that means if I show up and work they pay me for the time I put in ...not like real estate where I could work my ass off for somebody and make like $300. Don't get me wrong I am not against working hard to make my clients happy, in fact I really enjoy it. It's just that lately I have had several clients who I have gone way, way, way above what my job requires and they have not been the least bit thankful and that just ticks me off, being the attention whore that I am.
On a brighter note, I got some sweet metal kitchen cabinets to do my new kitchen in. We drove to Virginia Beach and back Saturday to get them. Holy cow was that a trip. I took some pictures on the way and will post them later. I wish we would have had more time to look around in Virginia. We passed lots of signs for stuff that would be cool to visit. Williamsburg, Jamestown, Busch Gardens. Maybe next time we will slow down and check some of those places out. This weekend I think we are off to Huron, TN for my cousins daughters 6th birthday. It's just 45 minutes outside of Nashville so I think we are going to try and stay overnight in Nashville and look around. I have only been to Nashville once. My daughters class went to the Hermitage. That was really cool. Except for chaperoning other peoples poorly behaved kids.
Well enough for now.
Dan, Queen lunch on Friday ? And did I miss something... is Courtney inside the Queens circle of trust cause a lot was said the other day that I thought was only for the ears of those inside the circle... Let me know :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! A new cassie blog. Makes me happy. ANd it was sooo newsy. I guess since we haven't seen you in awhile that the stuff you post on your blog is actually new info to us!

Lunch on Friday sounds great as of right now. I don't think I have anything that is a conflict for me.

And you are SUCH a shining star in my book. You're a great friend.... a good mom. And a great wife. What more could you want, babe! I love you!

Anonymous said...

and, no, courteney is not in the circle of trust.

Anonymous said...

COurtney is not even close to being in the circle of trust. Didn't you notice that she was totally clueless about everything that we said? Anyway, even if it was a consideration-which it is not-we would have to explain EVERYTHING in detail because she is dumber than dirt. Im surprised she even knows the real names for things. (Trying to be discreet here)

Lunch on Friday sounds good but I think our Holiday party is that day. Are you coming to that??

Love you Girl!!!