Friday, July 13, 2007

Harry Pooper



Ok so yesterday I saw the new Harry Potter movie. I thought it was pretty good as far as the Potter movies go. I have not read the books so I can only judge the movie on its own. However people at the theater when I saw it that had read the book were upset. They said that this adaptation strayed farther away from the books than any of the other movies. That said I was shocked that it was shorter than it's predecessors. The fight scenes where not as great as I had hoped. Being the action junkie that I am I thought it was lagging. The "big" fight scene basically amounted to a lot of blurry lights flashing around. I didn't think the order of the Phoenix was prevalent enough. it was sort of like hey here we are next.... Plus I was a little off kilter with my thoughts of all those pictures that circulated showing a naked Harry Potter. It's hard to go back to thinking of him as some young wizard when you've seen him almost naked.

Next on my list of movie conquests

1. Reservations

2. License to wed

3. I know pronounce you Chuck and Larry

4. Blades of Glory Still haven't seen it yet.

I guess I better get back to my yard sale. I've made 60 bucks so far. Not bad for some junk I would have thrown away. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your review of Harry Potter COMPLETELY. It wasn't as good as it could have been...