Monday, August 9, 2010

Guess who's back... Back again..


Ok so I have been busy, busy, busy lately. With lots of good things.
I have been busy with Megan's soccer, catching up and reconnecting with a great friend from high school, trying to find a job and my new love Womens Flat Track Roller Derby.
Yep you heard that right. I am in training to join the Hard Knox Roller Girls derby team. I have been working with the team since about mid June and am getting better and better skills. I'm still not quit there yet but I have passed my written skills test and have lived through 2 months of training, and training with these ladies is no joke.  We have practice on Sunday and Wednesday nights from 5-9:30 with extra practice on Tuesdays from 6-9:30. It is a lot of work but is super fun. I can be in a rotten mood and go to practice and even though I have had my arse throughly kicked and am exhausted I feel great. Plus I have made some cool new friends and you can't beat that with a stick LOL. Seriously though this is a group of wicked awesome ladies and I am so glad that they let me come and play with them.
They are currently ranked #9 and are preparing to go to WFTD Nationals in Lincoln NE in October. We are working harder in practice and also working hard to raise money to get to nationals. So if you have some extra coinage hop over to the site www.hardknoxrollergirls.com and donate it.
Or if you live in or around Knoxville come out to one of our fundraising events.
I am still working on figuring out my derby name so if you have a suggestion let me know :-D

oh and heres a new obsession of mine :-D he hasn't taken Pauls place but he makes a good second I think.....

2 comments:

downlight said...

Nice photo......

Dayan said...

Orrrrr Better to back after showering