She is from a litter of 3 kittens that were born and then abandoned under my front porch. I listened to them cry and cry for about 3 hours before I sweet talked my husband into taking up the porch boards. Sure enough when we took up the boards there they were. 3 of the tinest kittens I have ever seen. 2 black ones and 1 white one. The two little black ones were together and the tiny white one was several feet away.
Sadly the tiny white one didn't make it through the first night. They were so dehydrated and covered in fleas. The smaller one that I named Willie (after one eyed Willie from the Goonies) because he had a horrible infection in both of his little eyes, only made it about a week. So Poe' is the lone survivor and very much my little baby. I think she really thinks I am her cat mom. We named her Poe' because she looked like Poe the Panda from Kung Fu Panda and also because of Edgar Allen Poe and the tell tale heart. Since she came out from under the floor boards and wouldn't be quite I thought it fit for sure. My hubby says that she has to go since we already have more cats than any family needs. While that sucks I understand. But if I have to give her up then it has to be to someone great, that will let me keep tabs on her, if not in person at least in calls, emails or pictures. But maybe I can talk him into it. It will really hurt my heart and I might even leak if she goes. Here's to me talking him into it......
1 comment:
Awww. John-boy, let her KEEP it!!!!
Post a Comment